During the preceding two years the number of unaffiliated members of the craft residing in the City of Regina assumed such proportions that in the year 1912 the time was felt opportune to form a new lodge. A petition bearing the signatures of 102 Masons was prepared for presentation to the Grand Master requesting dispensation to organize a new lodge.
Fifty of the petitioners were present at the organization meeting and by a unanimous decision approval was given to take the necessary steps to form a new Lodge. The name selected was that of King Hiram Lodge and the following resolutions were adopted.
That the regular night of meeting be the second Tuesday of the month.
That one negative ballot should debar the affiliation of a brother or the initiation of a candidate
The Charter membership of King Hiram Lodge constituted, what was perhaps in Canadian Masonry at that time a first, as it contained the signatures of more than one hundred Masons. Among the petitioners were one Past Grand Master, One Past District Deputy Grand Master, eight other Past Masters and several Past Wardens. The Charter Members were representative of every Grand Jurisdiction in Canada as well as of England, Ireland and Scotland.
The Lodge was instituted by Most Worshipful Bro. A.S. Gorrell, Grand Master on April 16th, 1913 with Wor. Bro.L.C. Harris being installed as Worshipful Master The membership of King Hiram Lodge continued to increase. At the Annual Communication in Saskatoon, June 18th, 1913, a charter was granted to King Hiram Lodge No. 104 to be held in Regina and on August 12th, 1913 the new Lodge was constituted. Membership continued to increase where in 1924 it reached 247 members.
The Great War found King Hiram Lodge ably represented in the ranks of the Empire. No less than thirty two members joined and served overseas.
King Hiram Lodge became known as a Railway Lodge and many of the brethren were employed by the Canadian Pacific Railway. Certain railway artifacts are used in the lodge to this day, such as conductor hats to collect ballots.
During recent time when membership has become a serious problem, not only in Masonry but all organizations, King Hiram has managed to remain strong and viable. We continue to attract new members and are therefore able to maintain a membership of around 100 members.
Constituted: King Hiram No. 104, 1913
Amalgamated: Cupar No. 47 and Earl Grey No. 168, 1989
(New name: Earl Grey-Cupar No. 168)
Amalgamated: Earl Grey-Cupar No. 168, 1997
Amalgamated: Banner No. 154 and Friendship No. 212, 1992
(New name: Flagship No. 154)
Amalgamated: Flagship No. 154, 2002